Friday, July 02, 2004

Marlon Brando dies at 80

I just read that Marlon Brando passed away yesterday at 80 years old. I've honestly never seen the vast majority of his films. In fact, the only ones I can really recall seeing are The Godfather, Superman and The Island Dr. Moreau. With the exception of The Godfather, not really his best movies. It's been years since I've seen the Godfather though so I may get the trillogy DVD set from the library next week and watch it. This weekend though, my DVD watching is going to filled with as much Sci-Fi as I can pack into it. I got the director's cut of Frank Herbert's Dune (the SciFi miniseries from 2000) from the library this week and I've had a copy of Children of Dune that I've never watched so I'm going to try to watch those. Plus, I need to satisfy my Star Trek fix since Enterprise is in reruns until next season so I will go to the library and look for some of those.
Yeah, what a weekend I have planned. Boy, does it suck being single. It would be nice to go out to some fireworks displays this weekend but not alone and definitely not down to Red, White & Boom. It's like a frickin' mob downtown when that finishes. Oh well, as long as I have my tv, DVD player and computer I'll be ok. Ha!
Whatever.

No comments: