Wednesday, June 08, 2005

I'm thinking of upgrading my digital camera to a DSLR this summer before I go to Maine so I've been spending more time in the forums of one of my favourite sites, Digital Photography Review. In my opinion, it's one of the best sites around and the caliber of the amateur and professional photographers that hang out in the forums is phenomenal. So, I came across a post that looked promising in which someone wanted posters to show their photos that had a sense of "strong feeling and mood". I'm always looking for some kind of everyday inspiration in my relatively uninspired life so the first photo I looked at caught my attention and I thought it was wonderful and one of the responses from another veiwer really summed up what I thought of it too. Here's the photo, the comment and a link to the photographer's website in which he has a special gallery section dedicated to his son.

"I looked at this picture and felt as if I read a great book in seconds."
- Yousef Rifai
Photo by Dave Van Artsdalen - http://www.pbase.com/dvan

No comments: