Monday, June 27, 2005

Coastal Maine, King Kong and the German language.

I am sooo ready to take my vacation now.
...Drives along the Maine coast; trekking through Acadia National Park; walking along the rocky coast enjoying lighthouses...Can't wait...(http://www.visitmaine.com/home.php - a little taste).
I'll have to buy a couple books of stamps so I can send out postcards along the way.

Anyway, I just saw the King Kong trailer on tv and downloaded it from Volkswagen's website and it looks pretty damn cool. I think Jack Black is going to be great.

I started a beginning German class this past Sunday. I think it will meet 10 times, of which two I will have to miss since I'll be gone. Mainly I'm taking it because it's free, except for the books, plus I want to take an intensive Japanese course, offered by the same person, in the autumn which will meet for 2 hours a day, Monday through Friday for 10 weeks. I am looking forward to that. So, the German class will give me a feel for how he instructs, which so far from Sunday seems like it will be very good... (that didn't make much sense grammatically, but whatever). Plus, it will be nice to know a little German and a friend of mine and her daughter both know some German so there will be some incentive to keep learning.

Now, if I could just do something about this damned heat.

No comments: