Sunday, February 13, 2005

2.14.05 - National Single Losers Day

Tomorrow is Valentine's Day and millions of people will be (not) celebrating it like I will - by trying not to do a damned thing to remind me that
1. I'm 30 years old this year;
2. I'm not in any kind of relatinship;
3. that the idea of dating dozens of women until I find the "right" one (or, best available option, rather) disgusts me and seems rather demeaning to all involved;
4. I don't like the idea of dating anyway so will probably never find that "right" one;
5. if there truly is a "right" one I have either already met her and some combination of infinite factors or timing have prevented us from realizing the possibility or the "right" one actually lives somewhere beyond my geographical scope and is thinking the same thing right now;
6. millions of other people are actually enjoying the kind of happiness through signifigant others, spouses or children that the holiday is being marketed to while other millions like me just wish it would get the f@*# over with so everyone could just shut up
and
7. there's only 8 months 'till Sweetest Day and chances are I'll still be in the same situation then.

I'm sure I could think of some other things to add to the general depression but instead here are some links that I found online that are kind of nice.

I'll try to be a little more positive...
Parting shots for fun...
Seriously though, I hope everyone has a great day. Me? I'm going to work and afterwards think I'll kick back on my sofa with a hot pizza and watch a good sci-fi or horror movie. Maybe X-Men or Se7en or The 6th Sense.
Care to join me? I'm single. ;D

Courtenay

No comments: