1. I'm 30 years old this year;
2. I'm not in any kind of relatinship;
3. that the idea of dating dozens of women until I find the "right" one (or, best available option, rather) disgusts me and seems rather demeaning to all involved;
4. I don't like the idea of dating anyway so will probably never find that "right" one;
5. if there truly is a "right" one I have either already met her and some combination of infinite factors or timing have prevented us from realizing the possibility or the "right" one actually lives somewhere beyond my geographical scope and is thinking the same thing right now;
6. millions of other people are actually enjoying the kind of happiness through signifigant others, spouses or children that the holiday is being marketed to while other millions like me just wish it would get the f@*# over with so everyone could just shut up
7. there's only 8 months 'till Sweetest Day and chances are I'll still be in the same situation then.
I'm sure I could think of some other things to add to the general depression but instead here are some links that I found online that are kind of nice.
- L.i.e.-- Love is evil (an Anti-Valentines day page)
- fuckvday.com: fuck valentine's day!
- T8RO Inc. Fuck Valentine's Day design
- "Love Sucks Month" aka Valentine's Day is a Fraud
- The Westwood Storyboard's Poetry Workshop
- poetry critical : poem
- why valentine's day sucks - envasion.net
- The Alt.Suicide.Holiday Valentine's Day Survival Kit
- Cheating Wives: Women and Infidelity
- Divorce Magazine: Divorce Statistics
- Lasting Love PBS Valentine Special
- Lasting Love
- CBS News | A Formula For Wedded Bliss?
- Marry a Mama's Boy
- Do Opposites Attract?
- A Loving Relationship is Good for Your Health
Care to join me? I'm single. ;D