Thursday, January 05, 2006

Life, and all that it entails...

Some people say that life is what you make it.
I kind of believe that life happens and it's up to you to make the best out of it.

It's been a long time since I've posted anything here or updated my website.
In the shortest possible explanation, life happened and I'm trying to make my way through it.
My mother just passed away unexpectedly a couple months ago of pancreatic cancer, just two years after my older brother was also unexpectedly taken.
Life happened. Now, how to make the most of it?
I can't express how much I'm going to miss my mom.
I'm not an especially religious person but I have very strong spiritual beliefs and I know that my mom and brother have gone on to a better existence but I know that I will never - can never - forget them. There's often times when a song on the radio or a movie that I'm watching will bring up feelings and memories and I can't stop crying. I love those moments.
I can't fathom how much I'll miss them on the day that I marry my wife.
I know that I'll sit with my wife and my newborn child on the day of her birth, hold them extra close and say a silent prayer through my tears of joy knowing that as badly as I wish they could be there with me holding her tiny hand that they are there with me, caressing all of us, and always will be.
As I type this through tears, I will never forget you and never stop loving you.
I miss you mom. I miss you Chris.
I will talk to you soon and await the time that I see you again.
Your son. Your brother.
Courtenay

No comments: